LTCC (Low-Temperature Co-fired Ceramic) is a multi layer capable substrate technology offering excellent RF and microwave performance characteristics. Thanks to its low sintering temperature (around 900°C) allows it to co-fire with highly conductive metals such as silver and gold. It is sometimes referred to as “glass ceramics” because glass is mixed in its main raw material, alumina.
Elite Advanced Technologies is one of the few LTCC specialists globally that is producing its own green tape (base material low temperature co-fired ceramics).
LTCC is best suited for applications that can take advantage of one or more of the following:
- Good electrical performance
- Dimensional and electrical stability under temperature, moisture, and mechanical stress
- 3D capability curved, cavities, channels
- Effective thermal management with metal loaded vias (>100 W/MK)
- Matched TCE with semiconductors (Thermal Coefficient of Expansion)
- Multiple assembly options and packaging solutions